Considering the traditional technical defects, Siglent develops an innovative pulse generatingalgorithm, which is named as EasyPulse technology and is adopted in the new SDG5000 series. Basedupon the new technology,SDG5122 can produce pluses with quick rising/falling edge, low jitter,tiny duty cycle and is none- affecting by frequency variation. What’s more, the pulse edge orwidth can be fine adjusted in large range. As shown in the following functional block diagram:
● Apply DDS technology, double channels output, phase adjustable
● Output frequency 120MHz, 500MSa/s sampling rate, 14bit vertical resolution, 512Kpts wave length
● 2ppm high frequency stability, -116dBc/Hz low phase noise
● Abundant modulation functions, sweep-frequency output, burst output
● Built-in high precision frequency counter, frequency up to 200MHz
● Standard interfaces: USB Device, USB Host
● Seamlessly workwith SIGLENT Digital Storage Oscilloscope and support remote command control
Compared with the traditional technology, the innovative EasyPulse technology is featured with the following superior advantages:
● Can output pulses with quick rising/falling edge (6ns) under very low frequency (less than 1Hz)
● Pulse width can be minimized to 12ns under low frequency, with extremely low duty cycle
● Parameters of pulse can be easily and immediately changed without updating any waveform data
● Pulse Edge or width can be widely adjusted
As shown in figure 1, compared with the slow rising edge (millisecond) of ordinary DDS, EasyPulse technology can keep rapid rising/falling edge (6ns).
The pulse width of EasyPulse technology can be minimized to 12ns, with a extremely lower duty cycle (less than 0.0001%). However, the pulse width of ordinary DDS is significantly higher with no more lower adjusting of duty cycle.
When the pulse frequency is 0.1Hz, the pulse edge of EasyPulse can be widely adjusted from 6ns to 6s, while the pulse edge adjusting of ordinary DDS is extremely limited.
when measuring jitter of cycle to cycle using EasyPulse technology, the RMS value (sdev) being measured is under 100ps.